Sunday, March 25, 2007

Valentine Log Cabin



Last weekend, I taught a class based on this quilt (pattern is in Alex Anderson's Start Quilting book) at my FAVORITE quilt store Thimbles and Threads in Junction City, Oregon. The class was a blast with four wonderful new quilting friends. I only teach basic beginner classes, as I love to see students gain skills, knowledge and techniques while having fun! Once you have the basic skills down, there is so much freedom to create anything you can dream up. The quilt police, your mom, your Home EC teacher or your 4H leaders are not allowed to be in class with you!! You must banish them from your thought process!
Of course I couldn't just follow a pattern...I added an extra set of light logs, as I wanted the quilt a bit bigger. There are lucious valentine themed fabrics...I love the light one with red sqiggles on the first border.
Sorry for the quality of photos...I'm still trying to figure out how to get the best photos for this blog. Click on the photos for a better look at the fabrics.

No comments: