Recently after working on several quick projects, I realized that my blocks were smaller than expected. It didn't really matter, as they were simple square blocks or triple rail fence blocks. However, before I started on my next project (Window on the World from Asian Fabrics #20) I decided to double check my stitch width.
Everything looked fine on my machine, the needle was in center position, etc. Then I realized I had changed feet awhile back, using # 34 (Bernina), which I purchased after a Ricky Timms seminar recommended for machine applique. The clear foot makes it much easier to see the edges and your stitches. However, the width is 3/8 of an inch rather than 1/4.
So, switching back to my favorite # 37, I was quickly back to an accurate 1/4 inch seam allowance. Isn't it amazing how a little thing like a foot can make such a big difference!
Not much quilting has occurred, as I am back to work full time and come home exhausted. It takes the weekend to just catch up on rest and get the basics done...hoping to sew this weekend!