Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lots of travel, no quilting

I can't believe it has been over a month since I posted. But considering what life has been, I guess it is no surprise. Since I last posted, dad has moved from the hospital to the skilled nursing facility for four weeks and is now back home with home care. My son has left for the summer, to work at a conference center on the Oregon coast. Yes, I am having my first empty nest! He'll be back in September for one more year of community college. I survived the worst class so far, Financial Accounting, in my MBA program and have moved on to Economics! I am so ready for our break in August...I'll be taking a week off to just stay home to sew and catch up on life!!

Last week, I drove to Idaho to visit with my sister who is moving from Japan to N. Carolina, via Idaho, where they had items in storage and a house to put up for sale. Here a few photos from that trip.
A picture from Central Oregon of the snowcapped mountains. Yes, I did stop in Sisters and purchased a project for my niece, beautiful batiks with simple black lattice strips. Hope to work on that in August, when we have summer break from the MBA program. I promise to post pictures as soon as I start to work on it!

A family picture at Brunea canyon (I think that is the name??) Me, my sister Jay, her daughter Jessica and her wonderful new husband Remy.

The Stichin Post in Sisters, Oregon is getting ready for the outdoor quilt show. If you are in the area, this is definitely worth it. Over a 1000 quilts are hung outdoors, so the entire town becomes a quilt show. Here are my tips : Plan to arrive early...by 8 or 9am if you can. Park in the middle of town if you can, so you can go back to the car for iced cold drinks in the cooler. Plan a change of shoes from tennis shoes to sandals in mid-afternoon. Don't forget a sun hat, sun block, sunglasses, camera and extra battery. Food in the park is a great spot for a break and lunch in shade. Realize that you probably won't be able to see it all. Plan to spend the night in Bend or Redmond, as Sisters is always sold out!

I'm off to Las Vegas tomorrow for a week conference for work. It is 108 degrees there today!

1 comment:

artfilstitch said...

Hope that you are enjoying your travels, the scenery is spectacular. Thanks for sharing!