Monday, August 16, 2010

Little quilting, lots of touring Oregon

Not much quilting going on this past week.  Here is what is currently on the design wall...another quick baby quilt for a neighbors first grandchild!  Seems like we are having a mini-population explosion on our street as babies are born and kids move back home!  This was all from scraps...hoping to find a good border for it later this week.  I am on a shopping freeze...only allowed to buy something to finish projects...no new projects and no new stash fabrics!!  Let's see how long that lasts!
These next three pictures are from King Estates Winery near us.  It is one of my favorite places to take out of town guests and to buy wine!  We are so blessed to have so many choices in Oregon.  We had dinner on this patio, after a tour and lovely wine tastings...
Check out the web site at http://www.kingestate.com/
View from the patio of the vineyard.
We spent one afternoon visiting many covered bridges.
A beautiful day at the Oregon Coast!

With all the visiting family moving on to other parts of the country, I was back to working on binding the sunflower and pumpkin quilt from last year's Fonz and Porter Magazine last weekend.  My wonderful wife (sister from N. Carolina) started the binding while she was here as I recovered.  I finished it on Friday evening.  I will post a picture once I get it hanging!

Since we are in the middle of a heat wave...all of 98 degrees for 4 or 5 days, I won't be spending time reading on the deck in the evening...I am hoping to work on binding the blue Asian quilt I posted on awhile back (see April 28, 2010).

No comments: