Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The last several weeks have been filled with holidays, family and a computer that is not cooperating. I'm about to order a new laptop which will hopefully solve most of the issues. Sorry for no pictures, as I can't seem to get them loaded today!

I did finish another "Santa's got the goods" top, see previous pictures on November 4th posting. When I purchased this kit, it seemed like there was quite a bit of fabric, in addition to two center panels. By purchasing only one additional yard of fabric, I now have two versions of this quilt. I'm sure one will be a gift at some point.

New rules for the new year:
1. When completing a top...Stitch the backing of the quilt, before moving on to the next project. ( I have at least 4 of the 13 tops that need to be quilted missing the back fabric.)

2. Cut the binding before moving on to the next project. Or at least set it aside so I don't use up the fabric in another project. (I have 3 missing the binding...what was I thinking?)

3. No fabric purchases until some UFO's are completed...that means staying out of the fabric stores (except in Tokyo in January...) for at least the first six months of the year!

4. Keep a project out in the sewing room, on the machine, so I can sew even 15 minutes a minute a week, while in school. I'm worried I am about to experience withdrawals...I've just started an MBA program...

5. Sewing is a great reward for doing homework!!

6. Listening to a book (homework) on CD while sewing this weekend was a great way to do homework!!

May your new year be filled with much joy, lots of fabric and wonderful sewing days ahead!

No comments: