Thursday, October 18, 2007

Going to the Longarm Quilter


This evening two baby quilts are headed to a new machine quilter, so that they are ready to take with us to Texas at Thanksgiving. After being home with pneumonia for several weeks, I decided the only way to get these done was to send them out! It is also a good project for a new machine quilter, to see if I like her work, etc.

The first one features the monkey sock fabric, which makes me laugh every time I see it. It brings back fond memories of my little boy jumping on the bed singing "3 little monkeys jumping on the bed..." My little boy is now 19 and no longer could jump on the bed without hitting his 6 foot 4inches body on the ceiling!

The second one is left over minkee fabric from my Stash!! Yes, I am making a dent, ever so small in my stash!! Even after making both of these quilts, I still have leftover Minkee. I was hoping this quilt would be the end of it! It reminds me of sewing with polyester fabric, as it is so slippery...definitely not my favorite.

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

I made a little quilt out of the minkee and really hated working with it! I had tiny bits of it all over my cutting and sewing areas!
And my seams didn't match at all!