Saturday, May 5, 2007

Tokyo Prize Winning Quilt















This quilt entitled "SHE" by Tomoko Matsuura was one of my favorites and a prize winner. The incredible detail of the Lilly of the Valley flowers was overwhelming.. The dragon fly is on the back of the quilt. Click on the photos to enlarge them.
It's been a busy week or so, not much time sewing. The tulips are still on the design wall...the red batik is perfect! Spent last Saturday, at an all day Scrapbooking workshop. I managed to complete 14 pages of my Okinawa trip last August. Then I worked on border designs last night and again this morning.
I've realized that scrapbooking is similar to quilting...cutting shapes, rearranging them and putting it all back together. Once again, I love the color choices and design aspects.
I've been learning to use the Memory Manager software by Creative Memories to edit pictures for this blog. Check out Joanna's website for more details on this great tool! www.mycmsite.com/joannahaugen











No comments: