Monday, July 14, 2014

Japanese Blocks

Hoping to break out of the boredom of half square triangles, I am trying to make one block out of this book by Susan Briscoe each day. I found this awesome book in one of the stores in the French Embassy section  of Toyko.

All of the fabrics were purchased  during a shopping trip to Nippori in Toyko several years ago.  For more information on our Toyko adventures checkout the labels,on the right hand lower section.

At least I can sew for a few minutes, rest and come back to it later, while staying cool inside.  It is going over 90 here in Oregon!




1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi, you left a comment on my blog Stitchin' Friends asking where you can get the template for the Patchwork of the Crosses blocks. I drew up my own as I could not find them anywhere other than quilt shops or www.paperpieces.com and it was going to be costly for the number I need. So I print my own on cardstock and will send you my template if you will send me an email. You can do so privately at jqd@comporium.net. The book I use is titled Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses by Linda Franz.
Teresa