Thursday, March 26, 2009

One more option

I've experimented with the green option on the previous post, in several different ways and can't quite get it where I want it. Also, I've realized that I really don't have enough of the green except in a very skinny border. I suppose I could try begging to my N. Carolina sister, but have decided to try this option that is currently on the wall. The center border is just the small cherry blossoms with out the cranes...I think the cranes were too distracting (see previous post).

I'm hoping to get the borders on this one over the weekend...but that may not happen as I have lots of homework to catch up on. I have about 300 pages of reading and a 20 minute presentation and PowerPoint to create. Of course quilting would be much more fun!! It will be my reward for staying focused and making good progress!

It's been a crazy month since I last posted. My mom in law has passed away while in hospice care, my dad was to have hip replacement surgery but ended up having a cardiac cath and two stents placed. Now he has to wait 4 more weeks for his surgery. On top of it all we've had a restructure at work and I have added responsibilities. I am thankful to have a job!

I did buy two yards of fabric today, the pink and purple inner border, as I was thinking of using it for the binding too. However, I did resist some wonderful bright red and orange poppies on a black background that were just screaming out my name... I managed to make it out of the store with just what I came for!!

I'll be going to China in a month and would love to hear about any great fabric shopping experiences, quilters, etc. I've not found much on the web, so would welcome any suggestions you might have!

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

I really like this border treatment you've come up with. Good job. Lots happening and I'm thankful you have a job along with making through a few rough patches in your personal life, too. You're one tough cookie. China sounds so fantastic. Something to look forward to.

Teresa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Sounds like you have really had some stressful situations of late, and I hope you are doing ok. I am always so impressed with this quilt - its quite a beauty.

Anonymous said...

I like the hot pink border. It's a beautiful quilt.