Saturday, November 1, 2008

Long Arm quilters


Isn't this a great bag? Two of my quilts came back from my favorite long arm quilter this week, in this great bag. When I take new tops to Jean I'll use this bag and get a credit towards thread. In addition, by taking a picture of the bag I'll be in a drawing for a batting credit.

Over the years I've used several long arm quilters...I actually got a total of five quilts back this week from two quilters. But my best quilts go to Jean, because her work is so magnificent! I so appreciate the care and creativity that Jean uses with every quilt. For more information check out her web page www.santiamriverquilts.com

Once you are on the web page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to see more of her work on various quilts on Webshots. If you enter Jeanne in the search box, you will see the four quilts Jean has completed for me.

This evening I attached the binding to the front side of the Hot Shots quilt. I'll post a picture soon...but we must have some sun light in order to get a good picture...since the rain has started, it may be a while (or next May as those who have lived in Oregon would understand).

School is keeping me busy, but I have managed to complete the binding on two Christmas quilts and am hand stitching the binding on a third Winter Snowman flannel star. I have 6 more waiting for the binding to be hand stitched down and two more that need the binding cut and then attached. I'm not sure why I continue to attach the binding by hand to the back...probably an old habit that I just need to break by trying some other methods. The quilts seem to just stack up at this point, since I rarely sit and watch TV.

Time to go watch some Beaver Football & stitch away on some binding!

No comments: