Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

All around our house Christmas is appearing. The lights are up, the tree is decorated, the stockings are hung, the Christmas quilts are out! Today it even snowed for a few minutes!! Next weekend it will be a baking marathon. With our two week trip to Texas, I am behind my usual holiday schedule and am feeling a bit stressed.

We made it through the wind storm, without any damage or power loss in our area. Others in Oregon and Washington weren't as lucky.

All weekend long I tried to get to my sewing room, but it just didn't happen. I don't know about you, but I have a "need" to sew or be creative. If I go too long without being creative, I become cranky! It's been at least three weeks...so I am in withdrawls!! Here's a photo of one of my favorite, quick scrap quilts from a Quiltmaker magazine pattern several years ago. It is a great way to use up scraps of various sizes of Christmas fabrics.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Your house looks so cozy and Christmasy... So glad you came through the bad weather out there, It was dreadful to watch on the news. Have a safe trip.

Greenmare said...

I totally LOVE your Christmas quilt!! I am inspired to make a scrappy Christmas quilt too now!

Tanya said...

Oohh! I love that quilt. Is it the same as Hunter Star? I've thought about making one for ages but never get around to it. Yours inspires me!