Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tokyo Basket Quilts















Time for May Baskets! Jan's recent posting (Bemused) http://bemused.typepad.com/bemused/ ) reminded me of the 80 basket quilts made of challenge blocks at 2007 Tokyo Show. You purchased raffle tickets and dropped them in the box beside the quilt you wanted to win. Oh, how I wanted to win one! There were all kinds of basket blocks, traditional, pieced flowers, 3-D flowers, embroidery, animals, hexagons and all kinds of great creative interpretations. This is just a sample and I'll post more soon.
Yesterday, in a moment of insanity, I decided to finally redo the front planting beds at my house (8 ft x 18ft). The contractor had placed rhodies in full sun, where they were baked all summer long. So, 4 yards of potting soil and lots of new plants, the transformation has begun. The rhodies are relocated to a shady spot in the back and the front bed is being prepared for all the new plants. It is wonderful to have strong teenage boys hang out at our house. I knew there was a reason I've been feeding them! They are great dirt movers!! All of this to say...no quilting this weekend at our house. However, I am having significant withdrawls and know I need to return quickly to my sewing room!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Welcome aboard the Q4P blog ring.

Wonderful and stunning quilts that you have pictures of from the Quilt show in Japan. It must have been a fabulous show. I just recently got a couple of Japanese magazines and I helped my son's girlfriend make a bag from one of them.

I will check back here often to see more of the pictures you have. Thanks for sharing them.

SuBee said...

Welcome to Q4P! Wow - those Tokoyo Show pictures are amazing, love the butterflies! Have fun planting; I have new beds too so I'm doin the same thing.

Helen in the UK said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures from the quit show. Particularly loved the basket and cat quilts :)