Saturday, March 10, 2007

Coral Oriental Quilt Dec 2006


I fell in love with this coral fabric last summer as I shopped in Okinawa with my sister..incredible fabrics at unbeliveable prices...about 3.30 (US) a meter. I had to find a suitcase just for the fabric I was bring back home!
As always my ideas come from random places, and very rarely do I follow a pattern as it is designed. So, the inspiration for this was a pattern from Sew Be It called the Main Feature. ( web site: sew-be-it.biz).
The coral color first captured my attention, then the large pattern. I especially love the wisteria like long flowers and the arching bamboo stalks. The fabric while a cotton has a somewhat polished finsih to it. It's hanging on the wall in my office, where I can live with it for awhile, until I can figure out how I want to quilt it.

No comments: